In August the Blind CropVille was opened up for a second class to help meet the demand of a 3 month waiting list to book in! It was great to see people taking up the offer of an extra class and joining in with the fun of the night that is Blind CropVille. Bookings for the other early classes are now open, and with some people swapping their timeslots there may also be some spots available in the later classes. You will need to book in and pay your deposit to secure your spot.
The Scrapville September Sketch was uploaded to the Blog just before we headed off to Retreat, so it you haven't been in to grab one from the store, jump onto the Blog and print one off. You have until Midnight on the 14th October to get yours in...
RetreatVille was an absolute blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know where it came from, it just seemed to jump right out of a big brown box and into my face before I knew it! Big brown boxes were revisited to put things back into (which quite frankly is absolutely unheard of!...). Once all packed up, they were then pointed at for the Blokey Man to bundle up and take out to Retreat. I must say, he does Scrapbooking very well, I mean how heavy can it all be, it's just paper right?? The final numbers were a cozy 39, and we were fortunate to have a very fun and friendly group to boot.
Each of those attending the Altered Layout class with our very talented Melinda Spinks were quite surprised to find themselves holding a vinyl record in their packs! This was to prove such an interesting class, with the records being painted and crackled, and then decorated with a lot of fussy cutting and paper rolling. It was great to see how the girls put their records together with their own little touches.
Altered Vinyl Record by Melinda Spinks (CT)The Retreaters were given their own special little treat on Thursday Night, with our own in-house Blind Crop. The Real Blind CropVille's are usually held at Scrapville with Melinda at the other end of the Computer, and we were really looking forward to her being at RetreatVille and running the Blind Crop in person. Unfortunately had she not felt the need to go joy riding in ambulances, she would have been there, so alas - we improvised in her absence. We will most definitely look forward to her taking charge of the next one!! (.........and yes, thankfully she was ok after a little scare at the farm.........)
As part of the Welcome Pack, all the Retreaters were given a Retreat Sketch to complete at their leisure. I am so glad everyone is enjoying the challenge of the Sketches, as we are seeing so much inspiration evolving. The Retreat was no exception, and I will also be sharing some of the completed layouts shortly.
Part of the Woo Haa of an event is recognizing those that have made a difference to the Event, whether it be the organizing, running, boxing, bagging, samples or that shoulder shaking thing! It all makes a difference to the outcome, and often will not come about as smoothly without that input. So, without further ado I would like to thank:
................ that little voice in my head that said "yeah, do it, it'll be fine.....!!" I always listen to the voices..............
- Melinda: your input is invaluable on so many different levels. Thank you for your friendship, your support in implementing plans and ideas, and your belief in growing dreams.
- Sally: your input is invaluable on so many different levels... for always being there, knowing how best to get it done, and your unquestionable attitude and belief in me.
- Marg: for your support and wonderful work, and not using the tape, and well for goodness sake you did a class girlfriend!!
- Heather: for sharing your inspiring work, and putting together your wonderful class.
- Allana: I'd like to send you a great big hug, and want to acknowledge all your support. Personally, as a friend, and as your bad ass boss! I would sincerely like to thank you very much...
- To the girls: who came, who counted, who bagged, who priced and who forgot the wine...! Maybe that last bit was a good thing......... Jennie, Helen, Di & Heather thanks.
- Lui, Lui, Lui!! Why where do I start?? Why, with the children! Thanks Brayden and Riley for all your help packing and unpacking and dodging the ushering gig that was going to pay really good tips! I am glad you are both taller than me now and can lift things! To the Blokey Man for his directing of Manufacturing Services for shelving and storage, for picking up and delivering and packing up the shop. For your support full stop. ................. and yes I'm sorry, I'm doing it again!
- Michelle: for the opportunity and advice.
- To my suppliers who went to great lengths to make sure I had the stock I needed for Retreat, and for going the extra mile to get it to me. Your contributions were greatly appreciated.
The October Monthly Pack is out and can now be collected from Scrapville. This month we have chosen a New and Very Popular line from Echo Park, selecting the Life Is Good range. The previous two ranges released at Retreat were also very popular, with the colours very much the in thing at the moment.
The Monthly Extra is the Porcelain range from BasicGrey. This range is dominated by a beautiful pink patterned paper of birdcages, and a softening range of hues from yellows to greens and brown. Matched up with fine puffy SEI alphas, cream lace, small crocheted flowers, music paper, pearl beading and a mixture of coordinating buttons, this pack should encourage your creativity to spring into action!
The Creative Team samples of these packs will be uploaded to the Blog at the end of next week. The number of Monthly Extra Packs available is strictly limited, so get in early before they go.
For those of you that have not been into the store of late there is much to see. We have received into stock several Cricut Cartridges, more Universal Embossing folders, re-stocks of the Patches D Ring Albums and Album Refills. There is a huge range of Glimmer Mist, and several new Martha Stewart punches. There are new Ribbons and Lace and Buttons and Christmas Ribbons. If you are loving the latest Pom Pom Bobble trend, then you will find a colour to suit your projects in-store.
The rest is pretty much 'come and see for yourself'. I will be updating the Blog as we receive more newly arrived orders from international shores. Also soon to arrive is the Christmas patterned paper lines and Bling, embellishments and Prima Bling.